The Ananda Shankar Experience & State Of Bengal - Walking On


Ananda was born in Almora, Utta Pradesh in 1942. The son of dancers Uday and Amala Shankar and the nephew of Pandit Ravi Shankar, he was raised in an artistically creative atmosphere. He went on to produce some of the most influential tracks of the sixties, and to jam with the likes of Jimi Hendrix amoung others. 'Walking On' sees Ananda pushing his talent yet further and teaming up with State of Bengal.
State of Bengal's eclectic mix of Indian classical music with breakbeat, hip-hop, tabla driven beats and melodic vocals seemed perfect as a nineties response to Ananda's sound. Fresh from work with Bjork, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Massive Attack, Sam Zaman found time off from making his own album (Visual Audio on One Little Indian) to throw himself fully into the project.

Tracklist
1. Walking On
2. Tori
3. Pluck
4. Alma Ata
5. Jungle Symphony (Live)
6. Betelnutters
7. Tanusree
8. Throw Down
9. Love & Passion
10. Reverse
11. Streets of Calcutta (Live)

6 comments:

  1. Greetings. I just stumbled across your blog, and wanted to say that I think you are doing a great job here already. I would like to add your blog to the Digital Meltd0wn Music Blog Aggregator @ http://music-bloggers.blogspot.com I was hoping you would be willing to drop by there and leave a comment to let me know which category you would prefer to have your blog listed under out of the ones I have available. Thank you and take care.

    0II

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nevermind my original message. I went ahead and added you to the Various/Eclectic category, although if you would prefer to be listed under a different category it wouldn't be a problem for me to move it. I hope I help a number of new people to discover your blog. Take care.

    0II

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, would you like to affiliate? If so add me as "New Hip Hop Daily". Let Me Know. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, would you like to affiliate? If so add me as "New Hip Hop Daily". Let Me Know. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup. You did a great job in bringing that blog to the readers. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sir Can You Provide Fresh Link.

    ReplyDelete